Phone-hacking whistle-blower dead of unexplained causes

0 0
Spread the love
Read Time:48 Second

One of the first people to blow the whistle on phone hacking by News Corp.’s now-defunct News of the World tabloid was found dead Monday. Police said the death was being treated as unexplained but was not considered suspicious, according to Britain’s Press Association.

Sean Hoare’s body was discovered at his home in Watford, England, about 25 miles northwest of London, after police were called to the house, the Guardian newspaper said.

Hoare was quoted by The New York Times last year saying that phone hacking was widely used and even encouraged at News of the World under its editor, Andy Coulson.

Hoare worked as an entertainment reporter at News of the World with Coulson, who resigned as United Kingdom Prime Minister David Cameron’s press secretary earlier this year because of the scandal.

Coulson has said he didn’t know the hacking was taking place.

David Sonn, a lawyer for Hoare, said his death is “a terrible tragedy.”

Contributing: Bloomberg News, AP

Anthony-Claret Ifeanyi Onwutalobi

About Post Author

Anthony-Claret Ifeanyi Onwutalobi

Anthony-Claret is a software Engineer, entrepreneur and the founder of Codewit INC. Mr. Claret publishes and manages the content on Codewit Word News website and associated websites. He's a writer, IT Expert, great administrator, technology enthusiast, social media lover and all around digital guy.
Happy
Happy
0 %
Sad
Sad
0 %
Excited
Excited
0 %
Sleepy
Sleepy
0 %
Angry
Angry
0 %
Surprise
Surprise
0 %

Facebook Comments

Previous post Israel prepares to intercept French yacht as it sets sail for Gaza
Next post A tabloid’s excesses don’t tarnish thousands of other journalists.

Average Rating

5 Star
0%
4 Star
0%
3 Star
0%
2 Star
0%
1 Star
0%

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: