Codewit is owned by Codewit Global Network Ry, a private nonprofit foundation, a 501(c)3 organization under Finland Association Act. It was established in 2007 by Anthony-Claret Onwutalobi, who was at that time a magazine publishing entrepreneur and was registered in Helsinki in 2010.
The goal of the foundation is to foster the spread of great ideas. It aims to provide a platform for the world’s smartest thinkers, greatest visionaries and most-inspiring teachers, so that millions of people can gain a better understanding of the biggest issues faced by the world, and a desire to help create a better future. Core to this goal is a belief that there is no greater force for changing the world than a powerful idea. Consider:
- An idea can be created out of nothing except an inspired imagination.
- An idea weighs nothing.
- It can be transferred across the world at the speed of light for virtually zero cost.
- And yet an idea, when received by a prepared mind, can have extraordinary impact.
- It can reshape that mind’s view of the world.
- It can dramatically alter the behavior of the mind’s owner.
- It can cause the mind to pass on the idea to others.
Many factors can amplify the power of ideas: mass media, technology and market forces, to name three.