Press Releases

NIGERIA: 9 year old boy electrocuted in Ebonyi

A nine year old boy, Master Chinedu Nwangwu of Echara community in Ezza South Local government area of Ebonyi state was weekend electrocuted when he tried to pluck fruits from a Cashew tree in the area.

Codewit gathered that the victim, a pupil of Echara community primary school in Ezza South LGA who lost his life on the fateful day, climbed a cashew tree without knowing that one of the branches of the tree was resting on a high tension wire that supplied electricity to the community.

Lamenting over the incident, mother of the deceased, Mrs. Nwangwu who was filled with pains  when she saw the lifeless body of her son, stated that similar incident also led to the demise of one of her sons.

As the family of the deceased are still battling with the loss of their son, Mrs. Nwangwu attributed the incident to the activities of some spiritual forces that were beyond her control.

“I should blame my God for allowing me to live in the land of the living without my son. It is not up to three years I lost one of my boys to motor accident and today again, it is another calamity; wouldn’t it be better if I cease to live as life is becoming useless without my children” She lamented.

One of the teachers of Echara community primary school who spoke with our correspondent, attributed the misfortune that befell the family of the deceased to lack of proper home training adding that if the boy was well tutored by his parents he wouldn’t have climbed the cashew tree in the first place.

According to the teacher, the school authority had earlier directed the pupils not to climb any tree or pluck any fruits in the school without the consent of the school authority.

Sources close to the family revealed the deceased boy had since been buried.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.