New York[RR] New York–The expected protest to occupy-Nigerian-Embassy In Washington-DC November 20,2012 organized by International Human Rights Monitor (IHRM) In conjunction with other Human Rights organizations like CDLF, Anti-War-Defenders and much more, will go forward as planned.
IHRM is galvanizing the general public at home and broad to show outrage on the corrupt incompetent leadership Nigeria that facilitated the climate that led to the gruesome lynching of four (4) university of Port-Harcourt students on false allegation of theft, and other extra-judicial killings committed against our people by both Boko Haram and government security agencies…in that country.
We demand the following:
1. That Nigerian government headquartered in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Abuja immediately investigate the lynching of UNIPORT4, over alleged theft without evidence. Lynching of these students in total violation of International human Rights law, abuse of their human dignity, by actively using cruel and inhuman methods including use of fuel and wooden object to executive the innocent. Extra-judicially killing of these individuals in 21st century is most despicable; IHRM thinks this despicable act by Nigeria-State and her agents strips her all respectable diplomatic immunities, rights, and privileges within the comity of nation-states;
2. That alleged police officer who came with police truck, ordered the vigilante to execute four (4) student of University of Port-Harcourt by fire be arrested, prosecuted to the fullness of the law, if found guilty placed behind bars; IHRM believe that alleged dismissal of alleged police officer/s who ordered the killings is not good enough;
3. We reiterate that Immediate overhaul of the Embassy in Washington-DC and Nigerian Embassies around the world must be conducted without further delays; we demand that that the Federal government at Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Abuja institute a independent panel of inquiry with respect to missing 1.7 trillion oil-subsidy accruing from oil & Gas revenue be investigated; we demand that missing $20Million accrued from Real Estate sales deposited in M & T Bank, and others, investigate the criminal activities of Ambassador Adefuye, EFCC, and other diplomatic officials involved in looting, be thoroughly investigated and report made public as part of transparency and accountability, including investigation of money laundry allegations in Nigerian Embassies around the world;
4. We demand that better equipped FBI, and CIA, be consulted in this investigation since, EFCC that the president ordered three weeks ago to investigate embassy scandals is comprised, as the letter from Ambassador Adefuye to anti-graft agency revealed; we demand that rogue Ambassador Adefuye resigned immediately to this effect. We think EFCC is also incapacitated. Findings from these investigations should form the pillar for immediate prosecution of individuals, companies and their collaborators who have duped the people and the country, and sharp punishments, imprisonments, and other consequences imposed accordingly; we demand that officials involved in distribution of 1.7 Trillion of oil-Subsidy from importation of petroleum products, be arrested and prosecuted according;
5. We demand that the government should overhaul Nigerian embassies around the world, since Nigerian embassies officials operations are one and the same thing wherever they are located, stealing from Visa fees/application fees, that it should not take more than 9 months to over these embassies; 6. We demand that the government make public Petrol Production and Distribution (PPD) policies directed at 500% local production of petroleum products within the space of 10months;
7. We demand the government audit and make public the Nigerian Washington-DC accounts, and explain what happened to the $20Million accrued from Nigerian Real Estate Sales, 2004, with monthly interest of $350,000.00 since 2004 to 2012 with accurate embassy inventory rather than denials, and conflicting numbers from Embassy officials and M&T Bank officials;
8. We demand that massive corruption and money laundry at the Nigerian Washington-DC embassy should be addressed once and for all, and official crooks and perpetrators brought to justice. Nigerian Diaspora and larger population and suffering masses should not be made to pay for the incompetence and corruption by embassy official, and FCT-Abuja officials;
9. We unequivocally state that the government and its officials end the act of mockery at leadership, because if it underestimate the peopleâ€™s power, and resolve to act, via massive protest at these diplomatic shamelessness and perfidy of officials at Nigerian embassies particularly Nigerian Washington-DC embassy, in addition, to the incessant rape, continuous insecurity and killings in the country by Boko Haram fundamentalists, government sponsored extra-judicial killings using their friends and cronies within the government as proxies in these dirty acts, otherwise, it will live to regret these practices, one way or the other;
10. We demand that the Nigerian government and its officials pay attention to 3.5 Million Biafran children, women and old people who were killed by starvation policy under Gowon dictatorship (1967 to 1975), as meticulously detailed by eminent Prof. Chinua Achebe in his recent Book: “There Was A Country”, His Personal Memoir on Biafra–if indeed Nigeria were to move forward, issues raised by the respected academic is a game changer that could trigger massive infrastructural and meaningful policy development and humanization of that society which, all citizenry can call home(land);
11. We vehemently condemn October 30, 2012 distraction by Senate President David Mark and his cronies, who said that the National Assembly would create additional states, to address marginalization challenge. It is dubious and disingenuous to think that creation of additional states will address issues of marginalization in the country. IHRM thinks Mr. Mark and Company are naive and daft to boot. â€œCreation of additional states can only make government closer to the people contrary to the view in certain quarters that we do not need additional states in the federation,â€ he said. Mark and his co-travelers are yet to tell the citizenry who will fund newly created states, when indedd exiting states lke Ekiti, Adamawa and others cannot even pay workers; the society is in colossal dysfunctional state, daily bombings, extra-judicial killings and other multiple vices have gotten worse by seconds, minutes, etc.
Please join us as we protest incompetence, corruption, killings in the country, and express an uncompromised support for our oppressed people in the homeland, by defending our human rights, honor, and restore the dignity of man, women and children. Join IHRM now. Every onlooker is either a traitor or coward.
Carlisle (Carl.) Umunna
321 Edgecombe Avenue Suite #5J
New York, NY 10031
321 Edgecombe Avenue Suite #5J
New York, NY 10031