In the past, in our beloved country Nigeria, the sight of bombs and their catastrophic impact used to be a movie scene. As you and I now know, this is no longer the case. The best selling news in town now is the Boko Haram story. This growing menace tearing apart our peace is becoming not only rampant, but nearer. The news will soon no longer be news we read, but God forbid, one we witness, if we continue to fold our hands.
It wouldn’t be out place to say this; the fear of boko haram is the beginning of security consciousness. The need to intensify and refortify your residential and business premises is no longer a luxury for a few, but is now a matter of necessity. The protection of lives and properties is no longer against theft by criminals, but now against explosion by boko harams. Boko Haram is here, what you going to do about it? This has been one of the pressing questions on our mind in Damog.
In equipping you for the war against book haram, here are 11 bomb prevention tips for the safety of public and private premises. Don’t read and swallow please, ensure you use the social media sharing icons on the left of the page to spread this to your family and friends.
This is our fight, we have the right to life; boko haram won’t deny us of that!
11 Bomb Prevention Tips For Public And Private Premises
• Strictly implement the inspection procedures of all bags, knapsacks, boxes, merchandise, etc., that will enter the establishment or premises.
• Suspicious looking package, paper bags, etc. left alone should be cautiously scrutinized as possible bomb(s).
• When suspicious stuff are noted, don’t try to touch or inspect it. Instead, advice security personnel/employees to immediately contact the proper authorities.
• Be observant of people roaming around your area doing nothing. Vendors with tricycles/knapsacks/bags should be driven out, as they may be used as couriers of bombs.
• Advice the security to always observe people leaving behind bags/packages/boxes in the garbage cans/bins in the premises.
• Be observant of cars/motorcycle riding individuals who are suspiciously observing constantly the establishments.
• Be cautious in opening envelopes and packages sent to you by unknown individual or package with no return addresses.
• The greatest safeguard against the effects of bomb threats is to prevent entry of unauthorized persons into certain areas, whenever possible.
• Restricted entry and positive identification of staff and visitors can be significant factors in assessing the seriousness of any given threat.
• Develop a security plan and a bomb incident plan in preparation for such incident. The security plan deals with prevention and control of access to the building. The bomb incident plan provides detailed
procedures to be implemented when a bomb is found or threatened.
• Get the involvement of the nearest police department, fire department, or local government agencies for any assistance in developing your security or bomb incident plans.
SPREAD THE WORD!
Please, ensure you use the social media sharing icons on the left of
the page to spread this to your family and friends.
Be security conscious!
CEO, Damog Guards