Piece of 9/11 plane found in New York

0 0
Read Time:43 Second

A piece of landing gear that is believed to come from one of the planes that struck the twin towers during the 9/11 attacks in 2001 has been found wedged between two buildings in lower Manhattan.

It was found wedged, one story high, by a construction crew in a narrow alleyway behind 51 Park Place and 50 Murray Street in Manhattan’s financial district.

This site is now home to an Islamic prayer space and community centre that opened amid controversy in the autumn of 2011, two blocks from Ground Zero.

New York City Police spokesman Paul Browne said there is a “clearly visible” Boeing identification number on the gear.

Almost 12 years after the World Trade Centre was brought down by Islamic extremists killing nearly 3,000 people, debris from the attack and human remains are still turning up.

About Post Author

Anthony Claret

Anthony-Claret is a software Engineer, entrepreneur and the founder of Codewit INC. Mr. Claret publishes and manages the content on Codewit Word News website and associated websites. He's a writer, IT Expert, great administrator, technology enthusiast, social media lover and all around digital guy.
Happy
0 0 %
Sad
0 0 %
Excited
0 0 %
Sleepy
0 0 %
Angry
0 0 %
Surprise
0 0 %

Dwayne Johnson Surgery: The Rock Underwent Emergency Hernia Surgery

0 0
Read Time:58 Second

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson underwent abdominal surgery Monday after sustaining injuries from a wrestling match earlier this month. The "Pain & Gain" movie star suffered a torn abdomen and abductor muscles, he said, when defending his WWE Champion title in an April 7 match against contender John Cena. Cena won the match that took place at New Jersey's MetLife Stadium in front of a crowd of nearly 80,000.

The 40-year-old star announced the news on his Twitter page Sunday:

"Saw my Dr who had to push my intestines back thru the tear in my abdomen. Kinda romantic. Surgery is next week. #BringItOn," he wrote.

Johnson's rep confirmed to E! News that the star had undergone an emergency hernia operation last night that caused him to miss the Los Angeles premiere of his new film. Director Michael Bay also wished him well from the red carpet: "Dwayne's hurt tonight. He was pushing it too hard. [He] needs to grow up and stop wrestling 300-pound men."

UPDATE:
Johnson tweeted Tuesday that the surgery had gone smoothly.

SOURCE: huffingtonpos

About Post Author

Anthony Claret

Anthony-Claret is a software Engineer, entrepreneur and the founder of Codewit INC. Mr. Claret publishes and manages the content on Codewit Word News website and associated websites. He's a writer, IT Expert, great administrator, technology enthusiast, social media lover and all around digital guy.
Happy
0 0 %
Sad
0 0 %
Excited
0 0 %
Sleepy
0 0 %
Angry
0 0 %
Surprise
0 0 %

It is Kind Of Sad: Bush Talks Relationship With Cheney

0 0
Read Time:1 Minute, 29 Second

A lot has changed in the four years since former President George W. Bush left the White House — including his relationship with his vice president, Dick Cheney.

“You know, it’s been cordial," Bush says in an interview set to air on C-SPAN Wednesday night. “You know, I just… I don't see him — much. And I don't see many of the people I worked with much and it’s kind of sad. It's great to be in Texas, however.”

The interview premieres on the eve of the dedication of Bush's presidential library at Southern Methodist University in Dallas. The event is expected to draw a number of Washington heavyweights, including President Barack Obama and former presidents Bill Clinton, Jimmy Carter, and George H.W. Bush.

Bush reveals that despite missing his political "pals," he doesn't miss his D.C. days.

"You know, I really don't miss Washington,” Bush says in the interview. “So while we've got friends in Washington I’m not all that friendly to Washington."

In March, Showtime released "The World According to Dick Cheney," a documentary meant to give an inside look at the former vice president.

The film revealed tensions that arose between Cheney and Bush toward the end of their time in office, citing the Scooter Libby incident as "a major strain" in their relationship.

Cheney is slated to attend Thursday's library dedication, along with several other Bush administration alumni including former secretaries of State Condoleezza Rice and Colin Powell, former Defense Secretary Robert Gates, and former attorneys general John Ashcroft and Alberto Gonzales.

SOURCE: huffingtonpost

About Post Author

Anthony Claret

Anthony-Claret is a software Engineer, entrepreneur and the founder of Codewit INC. Mr. Claret publishes and manages the content on Codewit Word News website and associated websites. He's a writer, IT Expert, great administrator, technology enthusiast, social media lover and all around digital guy.
Happy
0 0 %
Sad
0 0 %
Excited
0 0 %
Sleepy
0 0 %
Angry
0 0 %
Surprise
0 0 %

The Truth About The Inch Alien Unveiled

0 0
Read Time:1 Minute, 9 Second

The mummified remains of what looks like a 6-inch space alien has turned "Sirius" into the most eagerly awaited documentary among UFO enthusiasts.

The findings, however, might come as a disappointment.

In early publicity, filmmakers claimed the documentary would reveal that the DNA of the creature with an oversized alien-looking head couldn't be medically classified.

In fact, the film, which premiered Monday in Hollywood, features a scientist who concluded the little humanoid was human.

"I can say with absolute certainty that it is not a monkey. It is human — closer to human than chimpanzees. It lived to the age of six to eight. Obviously, it was breathing, it was eating, it was metabolizing. It calls into question how big the thing might have been when it was born,"said Garry Nolan, director of stem cell biology at Stanford University's School of Medicine in California.

"The DNA tells the story and we have the computational techniques that allows us to determine, in very short order, whether, in fact, this is human," Nolan, who performed the DNA tests, explains in the film.

"Sirius" focuses on the remains of the small humanoid, nicknamed Ata, that was discovered in Chile's Atacama Desert 10 years ago and has, literally, gone through different hands and ownership since then.

SOURCE:huffingtonpost

About Post Author

Anthony Claret

Anthony-Claret is a software Engineer, entrepreneur and the founder of Codewit INC. Mr. Claret publishes and manages the content on Codewit Word News website and associated websites. He's a writer, IT Expert, great administrator, technology enthusiast, social media lover and all around digital guy.
Happy
0 0 %
Sad
0 0 %
Excited
0 0 %
Sleepy
0 0 %
Angry
0 0 %
Surprise
0 0 %

Sarah Palin Parody Mistaken for Real News

0 0
Read Time:1 Minute, 44 Second

Sarah Palin has said many controversial things in her life — but did John McCain’s running mate really call for the invasion of the Czech Republic?

No, but a leading eastern European weekly wrote that she did — mistaking a satirical article written about Palin as fact.

“Let’s burn Prague: Sarah Palin Calls for the Invasion of the Czech Republic” screamed a headline in Wprost, one of Poland’s top news publications.

Wprost later yanked the article from its website after readers began questioning its authenticity on Facebook, the journalism blog JimRomenesko reported.

The parody, originally posted on The Daily Currant — which clearly bills itself as “the Global Satirical Newspaper of Record — begins:

“Sarah Palin called for the invasion of the Czech Republic today in response to the recent terrorist attacks in Boston.”

It claimed Palin had given an interview on Fox News in which she confused Chechnya with the Czech Republic and called for the bombing of Pakistan, Iran, and many parts between.

“I betcha I speak for a lot of Americans when I say I want to go over there right now and start teaching those folks a lesson. And let's not stop at the Czech Republic, let's go after all Arab countries.

“The Arabians need to learn that they can't keep comin' over here and blowing stuff up. Let's set off a couple of nukes in Islamabad, burn down Prague, then bomb the heck out of Tehran. We need to show them that we mean business.”

Wprost’s editors apparently missed the proclamation on The Daily Currant’s website that: “Our stories are purely fictional. However, they are meant to address real-world issues through satire …’’

Marek Miller, who pointed out the embarrassing faux pas to JimRomenesko.com, quipped: “I don’t know about you, but I found that hilarious (and yes, scary – regarding the media – as well).

About Post Author

Anthony Claret

Anthony-Claret is a software Engineer, entrepreneur and the founder of Codewit INC. Mr. Claret publishes and manages the content on Codewit Word News website and associated websites. He's a writer, IT Expert, great administrator, technology enthusiast, social media lover and all around digital guy.
Happy
0 0 %
Sad
0 0 %
Excited
0 0 %
Sleepy
0 0 %
Angry
0 0 %
Surprise
0 0 %

Tattoo parenting, Obama-style

0 0
Read Time:1 Minute, 35 Second

(CODEWIT) – President Barack Obama says he and the first lady have a good strategy to prevent their daughters from getting tattoos.

"What we've said to the girls is, if you guys ever decide to get a tattoo, then mommy and me will get the exact same tattoo in the same place. And we'll go on YouTube and show it off as a family tattoo," he said in an interview that aired Wednesday on NBC's "Today."
 

He said his daughters, Sasha and Malia, have kept him "posted on what's cool and what's not," but argued he and Michelle know how to make things look not so cool.

Their tattoo threat, for example, is a good tactic to "dissuade them from thinking that that's somehow a good way to rebel," he said.

The president also answered a question about the first lady's recent slip-up in which she described herself a "single mother" during a television interview earlier this month.

"As somebody who has stumbled over my lines many times, I tend to cut my wife or anybody some slack when it comes to just some slips of the tongue," he said. "But there's no doubt there were times where Michelle probably felt like a single mom."

When he campaigned for the Senate and White House, he said he would often be gone for a week at one time.

"She was still working and having to look after the girls. She definitely, I think, understands the burdens that women in part tend to feel if they're both responsible for child-rearing and if they're responsible for working at the same time."

– CNN's Ashley Killough contributed to this report.

About Post Author

Anthony Claret

Anthony-Claret is a software Engineer, entrepreneur and the founder of Codewit INC. Mr. Claret publishes and manages the content on Codewit Word News website and associated websites. He's a writer, IT Expert, great administrator, technology enthusiast, social media lover and all around digital guy.
Happy
0 0 %
Sad
0 0 %
Excited
0 0 %
Sleepy
0 0 %
Angry
0 0 %
Surprise
0 0 %

People Magazine Names Gwyneth Paltrow Most Beautiful Woman

0 0
Read Time:56 Second

People magazine has named actress Gwyneth Paltrow as the world's most beautiful woman.

Paltrow, 40, graces the cover of the magazine's 2013 World's Most Beautiful People issue, which will hit newsstands Friday.

Larry Hackett, the magazine's managing editor, appeared on "Good Morning America" today to discuss Paltrow's selection. He said the magazine chose Paltrow because she's relatable as a wife and mother who balances personal life and her career. He also said she's family-oriented, grounded, close to her mother and looks great.

Try Gwyneth Paltrow's Candy Bar Recipe

Hackett called Paltrow a gorgeous exemplar of what a beautiful woman is today.

In the cover story, Paltrow, who has two children with her musician husband, Chris Martin, said she'd "never been more surprised or flattered" when she learned she would grace the special issue's cover.

Paltrow, a health-food enthusiast and author of the new cookbook "It's All Good" also revealed her secrets to remaining so fit.

About Post Author

Anthony Claret

Anthony-Claret is a software Engineer, entrepreneur and the founder of Codewit INC. Mr. Claret publishes and manages the content on Codewit Word News website and associated websites. He's a writer, IT Expert, great administrator, technology enthusiast, social media lover and all around digital guy.
Happy
0 0 %
Sad
0 0 %
Excited
0 0 %
Sleepy
0 0 %
Angry
0 0 %
Surprise
0 0 %

Hollywood Actor, Ben Affleck Is Living on $1.50 Per Day

0 0
Read Time:1 Minute, 4 Second

He's a Hollywood actor, producer and director, but Ben Affleck will be living beneath his means in a big way.

The Oscar winner, 40, is joining Josh Groban, Debi Mazar, Sophia Bush and "The Avengers" star Tom Hiddleston and getting involved with the Live Below the Line campaign, which encourages people to live on $1.50 per day for five days, from April 29 to May 3.

"1.4 billion people live on less than $1.50/day," Affleck tweeted. "I'm joining Live #BelowTheLine on behalf of @easterncongo. Will you?"

In 2010, Affleck founded the Eastern Congo Initiative, a U.S.-based advocacy and grant-making initiative that provides economic and social development opportunities for the people of Eastern Congo.

And while Affleck has a specific reason for participating in the Live Below the Line challenge – to call attention to Eastern Congo – the organization encourages anyone who's interested to try it.

"We recommend that you spend your entire budget of $7.50 at the start of the week," reads the Live Below the Line website. "We recommend doing research and creating a shopping list, sticking to generic stables such as pasta, lentils, rice, bread, vegetables, potatoes and oats."

About Post Author

Anthony Claret

Anthony-Claret is a software Engineer, entrepreneur and the founder of Codewit INC. Mr. Claret publishes and manages the content on Codewit Word News website and associated websites. He's a writer, IT Expert, great administrator, technology enthusiast, social media lover and all around digital guy.
Happy
0 0 %
Sad
0 0 %
Excited
0 0 %
Sleepy
0 0 %
Angry
0 0 %
Surprise
0 0 %

Tennessee Senator Refuses to Apologize for Pressure Cooker Joke

0 0
Read Time:3 Minute, 32 Second

A Tennessee state senator is refusing to apologize for what many are calling a "tasteless" joke about pressure cookers in his blog in the wake of the Boston Marathon bombing.

Republican State Sen. Stacey Campfield posted a photo of a pressure cooker with "Assault Pressure Cooker (APC)" printed below it.

The photo had labels and arrows pointing to all of the pot's "dangerous" features including a "muzzle break thingy that goes 'up'" and a "tactical pistol grip."

It's also described as "large-capacity, can cook for hours without reloading" and the color was "evil, black."

The blog post was titled, "Here comes Feinstein again," an apparent dig at Sen. Diane Feinstein (D-Calif.), one of the leading proponents in the battle for gun control. The image implied that pressure cookers might be her next target.

Two pressure cookers were turned into bombs in the Boston Marathon bombing that killed three people and wounded more than 260 people.

Campfield dismisses the criticism.

"I think it's tasteless when Obama will drag everybody he can up to Capitol Hill and try to pass gun control," Campfield told ABCNews.com today. "I think that was classless and tasteless. I don't hear them complaining about that too much."

"I was showing the hypocrisy of Diane Feinstein, the gun grabbers, of their inability to realize that it is a person that does activity, not an inanimate object, be it a gun or a pressure cooker," he said.

Campfield also posted a follow-up post on his blog titled, "Inappropriate? Me? Never!"

He wrote that he had gotten a call from the media inquiring about the blog being called "inappropriate."

"Really?" Campfield wrote. "If my post was inappropriate talking about 'crock pot control' then where is the outrage from the left when they push for gun control after the Sandy Hook shooting? Im [sic] sorry if I exposed your double standard….Well, not really."

Dozens of people commented on the pressure cooker post and its follow-up post, both condemning and supporting the senator.

"What kind of insensitive imbecile thinks it's okay to post a picture like this? Do you think it's a joke? Three people dead, one an eight year old child and you think it's something to laugh about?" one person wrote.

Another defended it by writing, "Nowhere in this post do I see anyone laughing over death. The post is about double standards."

"While obviously intended as a way to show how idiotic some Senators (mostly Democrats) are in trying to ban 'assault weapons'; this only comes across as insensitive and mean," yet another person wrote. "Perhaps a blog post talking about how idiotic it is would be in order, but this picture doesn't do it."

Campfield has not been the only lawmaker in trouble for seemingly insensitive comments.

During the manhunt for the bombing suspects on April 19 that put Boston on lockdown, Arkansas Republican State Rep. Nate Bell tweeted, "I wonder how many Boston liberals spent the night cowering in their homes wishing they had an AR-15 with a hi-capacity magazine? #2A."

Bell pulled the tweet and apologized after a barrage of criticism.

"I would like to apologize to the people of Boston & Massachusetts for the poor timing of my tweet earlier this morning," he posted on Facebook. "As a staunch and unwavering supporter of the individual right to self defense, I expressed my point of view without thinking of its effect on those still in time of crisis."

Bell said he regretted the "poor choice of timing."

Campfield is no stranger to criticism for his opinions. He was behind a failed bill that proposed reducing welfare assistance for kids with low grades in school and authored a controversial bill that would prohibit teachers from discussing any sexuality aside from heterosexuality up until the eighth grade.

About Post Author

Anthony Claret

Anthony-Claret is a software Engineer, entrepreneur and the founder of Codewit INC. Mr. Claret publishes and manages the content on Codewit Word News website and associated websites. He's a writer, IT Expert, great administrator, technology enthusiast, social media lover and all around digital guy.
Happy
0 0 %
Sad
0 0 %
Excited
0 0 %
Sleepy
0 0 %
Angry
0 0 %
Surprise
0 0 %

Boston Bombs Likely Built From Fireworks

0 0
Read Time:34 Second

A New Hampshire fireworks store has told the FBI that it sold four-hundred dollars worth of fireworks in February to accused Boston bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev.

The gunpowder in fireworks is often used in bombs.

"He just wanted the biggest, loudest stuff we had in the store," said Megan Kearns, the assistant manager of Phantom Fireworks, in an interview with ABC News affiliate WMUR.

Kearns said Tsarnaev — the older of the two brothers now accused in the blast — bought two large reloadable mortar kits during a two for one sale. She said she remembered Tamerlan because of his Russia accent. The store has since confirmed his purchase with store records.

About Post Author

Anthony Claret

Anthony-Claret is a software Engineer, entrepreneur and the founder of Codewit INC. Mr. Claret publishes and manages the content on Codewit Word News website and associated websites. He's a writer, IT Expert, great administrator, technology enthusiast, social media lover and all around digital guy.
Happy
0 0 %
Sad
0 0 %
Excited
0 0 %
Sleepy
0 0 %
Angry
0 0 %
Surprise
0 0 %