Convicted Boko Haram terrorist, Kabiru Umar aka Kabiru Sokoto, according to reports will soon start unveiling names and organisations of alleged sponsors of the dreaded Islamic sect. Sokoto will drop the names to the to the office of National Security Adviser for onward submission to President Goodluck Jonathan if amnesty is granted him, according to reports from Nigeria Pilot. He had promised to assist the government in it continued effort to halt the activities of Boko Haram only if granted presidential pardon. A security source who spoke with the publication said that the convicted sect member and his lawyer had already commenced the process.
Sokoto who currently is incarcerated at Kuje Prison, Abuja and serving a life sentence is said to have already started cooperating meaningfully with some relevant security agencies on how huge amount of money were allegedly sent to the sect group by some Nigeria politicians. According to the source, as soon as the president considers Kabiru Sokoto’s request, those behind the sect group would be exposed. Umar was convicted on a two-count terrorism charge by a Federal High Court in Abuja on December 20, 2013, and sentenced to life imprisonment. The court found him guilty of facilitating the commission of terrorism acts and concealing information from security agencies on the December 25, 2011 bombing of St Theresa’s Catholic Church, Madalla, Niger State