The presidential fact-finding committee on the abduction of over 200 schoolgirls by the terror group, Boko Haram, from Government Secondary School, Chibok, Borno State, yesterday held an interactive session with experts of foreign countries that have pledged their support in assisting the federal government's efforts to locate the girls and secure their release.
The interaction, according to a statement by member and spokesman of the committee, Kingsley Osadolor, lasted for hours and took place in Abuja.
The statement said that the session covered issues within the terms of reference of the fact-finding committee.
“Welcoming the officials, the chairman of the fact-finding committee, Gen. Ibrahim Sabo (rtd), thanked them and their governments for backing the federal government in its bid to free the abducted schoolgirls.
“He said the global response to the abduction was a reflection of our common humanity. In response, the officials expressed their enthusiasm in joining the search for and freedom for the schoolgirls.
“The committee is scheduled to have further interactions with defence and security agencies, with a view to ascertaining the veracity of the speculations that had been making the rounds since the abduction on April 14.
“Also, representatives of the Borno State Government, who were unavailable at the committee's inauguration last week by President Goodluck Jonathan, attended the committee's session today, and are due to participate in all activities of the committee,” the statement added.