Guidelines for Submitting Article on Codewit Site
- Article submissions are subject to length restrictions. These are outlined below:
- Article Title: maximum 150 characters.
- Article: maximum of 15,000 characters or roughly 2,500 words.
- Author Bio: 400 characters or roughly 60 words.
Please Note: These character limits include all spaces, line breaks, paragraph breaks and punctuation, so the actual number of characters will be less than the above numbers.
Article Formatting and Links
We strongly recommend that authors submitting to Codewit News copy and paste articles from a basic text editor like Notepad or NoteTab Light. Following this suggestion will ensure that paragraph breaks, line length and other basic formatting will be properly handled by our submission form. Copying and pasting content from applications like MS Word can and does result in a variety of formatting problems. The reason for this is that MS Word and similar applications use non-ASCII, sometimes invisible, characters that are copied with article content into our submission form, causing articles to appear very differently from the way they were submitted.
Keeping the above in mind, it is not necessary for authors to use HTML tags for specifying font size or to create paragraph and line breaks. Use of HTML should be minimal, and we suggest HTML tags only be used for creating live links to sites, services or products. Any link that begins with “HTTP://” will automatically be clickable. For example, “http://www.codewit.com” would appear as a hyperlink. To hyperlink a word or phrase, HTML anchor tags need to be placed around that word or phrase.
Example: Nigerian and African NewsSite
Copyright and Violations
Codewit World News’s policy prohibits the use of copyrighted material in a manner that violates the copyright owner’s rights. In general, this means that authors should only submit their own original written work to which they have natural copyright.
In cases where copyright is disputed (usually as a result of plagiarism or unauthorized copying), articles will be immediately removed without recourse or discussion, regardless of the arguments presented by the disputing parties.
Authors who are found to be in breach of copyright will be banned and all of their submitted content removed.
Actions to Take in the Event of Copyright Violation
Codewit.com is a news site and content article directory. We act as an intermediary between authors and publishers and post guidelines for both regarding copyright adherence. However, copyright resides with the authors who submit to our directory, not with us. As a consequence, Codewit.com has no legal standing to enforce copyright on behalf of authors.
In the event of copyright violation, we advise authors to exercise their rights under The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 by taking the following steps:
1. Contact the offending party directly, asking them to rectify the copyright violation.
2. If the above fails, contact the ISP that hosts the offending website and the domain registrar that holds the registration for the website domain.
Information for the domain registrar and hosting service can generally be obtained by doing a lookup using any WhoIs service such as:
3. Most Domain Registrars and ISPs will respond to a copyright enforcement request by warning or suspending the offending party. If they fail to do so, have a lawyer make the same request in writing. This last action rarely fails to produce results.
Article Submission Guidelines
Article submissions to Codewit.com are free and new additions to our database are indexed once a day, roughly every 24 hours. This means that any article you submit will be searchable by, and available to, visitors the day after it is submitted. Before submitting an article, please search the Codewit.com database by author name or article title to ensure your articles have no similar title
- We strongly recommend that you do not submit articles that are not your own unless the author has given you permission to do so.
- Submit your article to one category only. Submissions to multiple categories are automatically removed on a daily basis.
- Submissions that are commercial or advertorial in the content will be removed from the Codewit.com database. Specifically, that means advertisements, sales letters, promotional copy, or articles with blatant and excessive self-promotion or hype. Codewit.com is a news website and article content directory, not a forum for advertising commercial products, services or programs.
- Submissions that are less than 300 words will be removed from the Codewit.com database. Longer articles may also be removed if they contain no useful content or are submitted for the sole purpose of obtaining backlinks or promoting a product or service.
- Submissions that consist of a few lines of text with a link pointing to another site where the article supposedly resides will be removed.
- Article submissions that are plagiarized or in violation of another author’s copyright will be removed, and the author will be banned. Refer to our copyright policy for more information.
- Article submissions that contain or reference adult or pornographic content; that are defamatory, libellous, inflammatory or offensive; that promote hate literature or illegal activities or that are in violation of another person’s, or company’s, rights or trademarks; will be removed.
- Article submissions that include tag (keyword) clouds will be removed. All words in an article are indexed. The inclusion of tags is unnecessary.
- Articles should have proper English, spelling, grammar, punctuation, capitalization and sentence structure and should be proofed before submission.
- Article spinning is prohibited. Authors who submit spun articles will be banned.
Other Submission Guidelines
- Titles must NOT contain any URLs.
- Titles must be more than one word.
- Titles must NOT have HTML tags of any kind.
- Titles must NOT be all upper case or lower case letters.
- Titles must NOT contain repetitive punctuation such as !!! Or ???
- Titles must NOT contain the names of prescription drugs or affiliate programs.
- Duplicate links to the same URL in the article body are not allowed.
- Links in the article body should relate to, or support, your article content.
- Links that are only used for keyword anchoring to your site(s) are not allowed.
- Promotional links for your site, service or product should be restricted to your Author Bio.
Note: Codewit.com reserves the right to remove any article or articles for any reason, with or without notice or explanation. In cases where the above or other guidelines are severely abused, so-called authors will be banned.
The articles on this Website are provided for information purposes only as outlined in our guidelines. Codewit.com.com does not accept any responsibility or liability for the use or misuse of the article content on this site or reliance by any person on the site’s contents.
For additional information, read the full text of our Disclaimer Statement