Ebola: FG to Review Schools’ Resumption Date as Another Patient Dies

 The Minister of Health, Professor Onyebuchi Chukwu, has announced that the resumption date for public and private primary and secondary schools in Nigeria has been reviewed for the second time from October 13 to the middle of September.

Owing to the Ebola outbreak, the federal government had extended the summer holiday for schools nationwide from September to October 13.

However, Chukwu, while briefing journalists yesterday in Abuja after the weekly Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting, said the Minister of Education, Ibrahim Shekarau, had been directed by council to convene an emergency meeting with all states Commissioners for Education with a view to agreeing on a new resumption date nationwide.

Also giving an update of the Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) in the country, Chukwu revealed that one more patient had been discharged in Lagos, bringing to eight the number of persons who had been given the all clear after contracting the disease.

He said the status since the outbreak of the disease in the country, shows that a total of 18 persons (including the index case) had been infected, out of which 14 are in Lagos and four in Port Harcourt.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *