Nigeria: Keshi releases final list for Nations Cup!

0 0
Read Time:55 Second

Keshi releases final list for Nations Cup!Eagles Coach, Stephen Keshi, Wednesday night released the list of Nigeria’s team to the 2013 African Nations Cup. The list was released even as the friendly match between the Eagles and Cape Verde was still on.

FINAL LIST OF 23 PLAYERS FOR SOUTH AFRICA 2013

Goalkeepers: Vincent Enyeama (Maccabi Tel Aviv, Israel); Austin Ejide (Hapoel Be’er Sheba, Israel); Chigozie Agbim (Enugu Rangers, Nigeria)

Defenders: Elderson Echiejile (SC Braga, Portugal); Juwon Oshaniwa (Ashdod FC, Israel); Joseph Yobo (Fenerbahce, Turkey); Efe Ambrose
(Celtic FC, Scotland); Azubuike Egwuekwe (Warri Wolves, Nigeria); Kenneth Omeruo (ADO Den Haag, Netherlands); Godfrey Oboabona (Sunshine Stars, Nigeria)

Midfielders: John Mikel Obi (Chelsea FC, England); Nosa Igiebor (Real Betis, Spain); Ogenyi Onazi (SS Lazio, Italy); Obiora Nwankwo (Calcio Padova, Italy); Fegor Ogude (Valerenga FC, Norway); Reuben Gabriel (Kano Pillars, Nigeria);

Forwards: Ahmed Musa ( CSKA Moscow, Russia); Emmanuel Emenike (Spartak Moscow, Russia); Victor Moses (Chelsea FC, England); Sunday Mba (Enugu Rangers, Nigeria); Ikechukwu Uche (Villarreal FC, Spain); Brown Ideye (Dynamo Kyiv, Ukraine); Ejike Uzoenyi (Enugu Rangers, Nigeria).

 

Source: vanguardngr.com

About Post Author

Anthony-Claret Ifeanyi Onwutalobi

Anthony-Claret is a software Engineer, entrepreneur and the founder of Codewit INC. Mr. Claret publishes and manages the content on Codewit Word News website and associated websites. He's a writer, IT Expert, great administrator, technology enthusiast, social media lover and all around digital guy.
Happy
0 0 %
Sad
0 0 %
Excited
0 0 %
Sleepy
0 0 %
Angry
0 0 %
Surprise
0 0 %

Nigeria: EFCC arrests Imo Finance Commissioner, AG

0 0
Read Time:58 Second

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Wednesday, arrested two Imo government officials for fraud related charges.

The agency’s interrogators are currently quizzing Imo State Commissioner of Finance, Deacon Okafor Chike John, and Accountant-General of the state, Eche Ezenna George.

The two officials are currently in the Abuja office of the EFCC.

But the Atrtorney-General, Eche Ezenna George, dismissed insinuations that they were arrested by the anti-graft agency but admitted they were at the agency’s head office to submit documents requested by it, before attending the Federation Accounts Allocation Committee, FAAC, in Abuja.

It is unclear how the agency effected the arrest of the two officials but a source at the EFCC office in Abuja involved in the investigations said their arrest was linked to an alleged loan transaction from Zenith bank involving N47 billion.

The Attorney-General, Eche Ezenna George, told Vanguard on the phone last night, that they had been visiting the EFCC and that their interface with the agency yesterday, did not amount to an arrest.

When contacted, the  EFCC spokesman, Mr. Wilson Uwujaren, confirmed the arrest.

 

Source: vanguardngr.com

About Post Author

Anthony-Claret Ifeanyi Onwutalobi

Anthony-Claret is a software Engineer, entrepreneur and the founder of Codewit INC. Mr. Claret publishes and manages the content on Codewit Word News website and associated websites. He's a writer, IT Expert, great administrator, technology enthusiast, social media lover and all around digital guy.
Happy
0 0 %
Sad
0 0 %
Excited
0 0 %
Sleepy
0 0 %
Angry
0 0 %
Surprise
0 0 %

Nigeria: Pregnant woman, daughter burnt to death in Imo

0 0
Read Time:1 Minute, 30 Second

A mysterious fire, which engulfed a house in Ubachima, Awo Omamma, Oru East Local Gouncil Area of Imo State, has consumed a pregnant woman and her two-year-old daughter.

It was not clear how the fire started but two conflicting accounts were peddled by villagers as the cause of the inferno when Vanguard visited the scene of the ugly incident.

The first account had it that the pregnant woman, Mrs. Nkechi Amajuoyi, her husband, Benedict, and their daughter, were cooling off outside the house until it became very chilly for the woman and her little daughter.

Those behind the account equally reasoned that because there was no public power supply in the community on the  fateful night, the woman lit the family’s lantern and headed for their living room.

They opined that the late woman was unaware that petrol was dripping from her husband’s parked motorcycle inside the house, adding that it caught fire immediately she entered the room.

Another school of thought believed that the woman had successfully gone to bed and slept but along the line, fire from the lantern spread to other materials in the room.

Speaking to journalists, bereaved Benedict Amajuoyi said he was a native of Awa, Oguta Local Government Area of the state and a staff of Consolidated Breweries, Awo Omamma.

He affirmed amidst, tears that he returned from work at about 8pm, had his supper and decided to take a rest on a bench outside the house but was woken up by shouts of his name that probably came from his dying wife.

Amajuoyi said he ran to the room where his wife and daughter were sleeping and only found out that there was nothing he could do as the inferno had covered everywhere.

 

Source: vanguardngr.com

About Post Author

Anthony-Claret Ifeanyi Onwutalobi

Anthony-Claret is a software Engineer, entrepreneur and the founder of Codewit INC. Mr. Claret publishes and manages the content on Codewit Word News website and associated websites. He's a writer, IT Expert, great administrator, technology enthusiast, social media lover and all around digital guy.
Happy
0 0 %
Sad
0 0 %
Excited
0 0 %
Sleepy
0 0 %
Angry
0 0 %
Surprise
0 0 %

Enugu govt dismisses letter on Chime’s whereabouts

0 0
Read Time:54 Second

Enugu State Government has dismissed as a non-issue a letter purportedly written by a group, Save Enugu Group, to the Acting governor, Sunday Onyebuchi, asking him to address the state on the whereabouts of Governor Sullivan Chime and demanding that a delegation be sent to visit him.

A statement signed by Chukwudi Achife, Chief Press Secretary to Governor Chime said though government did not intend to join issues with those he described as “habitual attention-seekers,” it was obvious that having realised that their media attacks had not achieved their intended results, they had now chosen to issue baseless statements as a group.

The statement read:  “Government does not intend to join issues with these habitual attention-seekers. This is, at best, the coming together of men whose views on the incumbent government are well-known and always predictable.

“It is obvious that having realized, perhaps most painfully, that their media attacks have not achieved their pre-determined goal, they have now chosen to issue a statement as a group.”

 

Source: vanguardngr.com

About Post Author

Anthony-Claret Ifeanyi Onwutalobi

Anthony-Claret is a software Engineer, entrepreneur and the founder of Codewit INC. Mr. Claret publishes and manages the content on Codewit Word News website and associated websites. He's a writer, IT Expert, great administrator, technology enthusiast, social media lover and all around digital guy.
Happy
0 0 %
Sad
0 0 %
Excited
0 0 %
Sleepy
0 0 %
Angry
0 0 %
Surprise
0 0 %

Nigeria: Police detains Gov Lamido’s son over fatal accident

0 0
Read Time:50 Second

The police in Kano has detained Mr Aminu Sule, the eldest  son of Jigawa State governor, Alhaji Sule Lamido for allegedly crushing to death a middle aged man along BUK road by Rumfa College, Kano.

Eye witness account confided in Vanguard that the incident occurred at about 8.55pm adding that the victim died on the spot.

Aminu Sule who is been prosecuted by the EFCC for alleged money laundering is been detained alongside his SUV sport car at Kwali police station in Kano.

The source further explained that “for the timely intervention of the police on patrol, Aminu would have been killed by the mob.

Confirming the incident, Kano Police Public Relations Officer, PPRC, ASP Magaji Musa Majia stated that the driver of the accident vehicle has been identified as Aminu Sule.

Majia stated that the police has equally identified the relation of the victim, stating that the body was taken to a government hospital for doctor’s confirmation.

 

Source: vanguardngr.com

About Post Author

Anthony-Claret Ifeanyi Onwutalobi

Anthony-Claret is a software Engineer, entrepreneur and the founder of Codewit INC. Mr. Claret publishes and manages the content on Codewit Word News website and associated websites. He's a writer, IT Expert, great administrator, technology enthusiast, social media lover and all around digital guy.
Happy
0 0 %
Sad
0 0 %
Excited
0 0 %
Sleepy
0 0 %
Angry
0 0 %
Surprise
0 0 %

Nigeria: Alaafin’s palace gutted by fire

0 0
Read Time:1 Minute, 21 Second

THE palace of the Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi, has been gutted by fire.

The inferno destroyed about 21 rooms in the ancient palace.

According to the Media Assistant to the monarch, Alhaji Azeez Fehintola, the fire started around 6a.m. yesterday and raged uncontrollably before the arrival of fire fighters one hour later.

He said: “Immediately I got here (palace) and saw the extent of the damage done to the palace by this early morning conflagration, I could not but break down into tears.

“The fire, which resulted from a power surge, started around 6 a.m. and was contained after about three hours.

”The fire-fighters came at some minutes past 7a.m. and battled it till it was finally put out.

Every part of the affected apartments was completely razed.

It was a really sad day for the ayabas (wives of the Oba) because many of their property were destroyed.

“They keep their monies in the palace. Plasma television, jewellery, clothes, bags and many other valuables yet to be ascertained, were lost.”

Mostly affected parts were the flats of Princess Folasade (Iyaa Meta), Princess Rukayat, and Princess Abibat.

Vanguard gathered that some undisclosed amount of money was burnt.

Besides, some rooms known as Ile Ori, Ile Ifa where artifacts were kept,  were also destroyed.

Though no life was lost and nobody was injured, the queens wore forlorn looks.

The monarch did not grant any interview as he was not in the mood to entertain any questions.

He remained indoors and refused to show up.

 

Source: vanguardngr.com

About Post Author

Anthony-Claret Ifeanyi Onwutalobi

Anthony-Claret is a software Engineer, entrepreneur and the founder of Codewit INC. Mr. Claret publishes and manages the content on Codewit Word News website and associated websites. He's a writer, IT Expert, great administrator, technology enthusiast, social media lover and all around digital guy.
Happy
0 0 %
Sad
0 0 %
Excited
0 0 %
Sleepy
0 0 %
Angry
0 0 %
Surprise
0 0 %

NATIONS CUP: Zambia name final 23

0 0
Read Time:1 Minute, 26 Second

Zambia’s squad for the Africa Cup of Nations in South Africa will include 19 of the players that won the 2012 edition in Gabon and Equatorial Guinea.

Veteran defender Chintu Kampamba, who has been without a club since June, was left out of the final 23-man squad.

French coach Herve Renard named his final squad after Zambia drew 0-0 with fellow finalists Morocco in a friendly in Johannesburg on Tuesday.

That result halted a three-match losing streak for Chipolopolo.

“Doing the preparations, we can see the players are not 100 percent yet,” Renard said.

“It’s my fourth Africa Cup. We’ll do our best. We’re not Ivory Coast, we’re not Ghana.

“Why do you think we come to the Africa Cup? To drop out in the first round?

“There are 13 days till our first game. We are better than three days ago and we will be better in three days.”

Morocco coach Rachid Taoussi was happy for the practice against the continental champions.

“For Morocco, playing against the African champions was psychologically very important,” he said.

“It gives players confidence.”

“Morocco didn’t qualify in 2010. In 2012 we fell out in the first round. This time we’d like to reach the quarter-finals.”

The holders continue their preparations with a game against Norway in Ndola on Saturday and a final friendly against Namibia in Nelspruit next week.

They open the defence of their title with a Group C match against Ethiopia in Nelspruit on 21 January, before facing Nigeria and Burkina Faso.

 

Source: vanguardngr.com

About Post Author

Anthony-Claret Ifeanyi Onwutalobi

Anthony-Claret is a software Engineer, entrepreneur and the founder of Codewit INC. Mr. Claret publishes and manages the content on Codewit Word News website and associated websites. He's a writer, IT Expert, great administrator, technology enthusiast, social media lover and all around digital guy.
Happy
0 0 %
Sad
0 0 %
Excited
0 0 %
Sleepy
0 0 %
Angry
0 0 %
Surprise
0 0 %

Biafra: Group sues FG over abandoned property, others

0 0
Read Time:1 Minute, 12 Second

A Federal High Court sitting in Owerri has been urged to decide whether the indigenous people of Biafra, who survived the Nigeria-Biafra war of 1967-1970, have the right to self-determination.

Bilie Human Rights Initiative, representing Indigenous People of Biafra, made the plea in a suit, FHC/OW/CS/102/2012, which the group filed against the Federal Government and Attorney General of the Federation.

The group also urged the court to decide whether by the 1963 Constitution, which took effect on October 1, 1963, and remained in force until the midnight of September 30, 1979, the defendants were right to seize and confiscate the assets, properties, money and all treasures belonging to the claimants by promulgating the Abandoned Properties Act of September 28, 1979.

The claimants prayed the court to determine “whether the defendants were justified to violate the International Humanitarian Law and Laws of War, known as the Geneva Convention of 1949, to which the defendants acceded and ratified June 20, 1961, by bombing the Biafran civilians, killing the Biafran civilians and using starvation to kill the children, women and the elderly of the civilian population of the indigenous people of Biafra in the war of 1967-1970, in order to win the war.”

The suit is supported by a 44-paragraph affidavit sworn to by Innocent Obinna Amadi, an engineer, while hearing is expected to begin January 16, 2013.

 

Source: vanguardngr.com

About Post Author

Anthony-Claret Ifeanyi Onwutalobi

Anthony-Claret is a software Engineer, entrepreneur and the founder of Codewit INC. Mr. Claret publishes and manages the content on Codewit Word News website and associated websites. He's a writer, IT Expert, great administrator, technology enthusiast, social media lover and all around digital guy.
Happy
0 0 %
Sad
0 0 %
Excited
0 0 %
Sleepy
0 0 %
Angry
0 0 %
Surprise
0 0 %

Somalia displaced to get €1m from France

0 0
Read Time:1 Minute, 19 Second

France on Wednesday pledged to give one million euros ($1.3 million) to help the poorest of the hundreds of thousands of people in southern Somalia forced from their homes by war and famine.

The aid will enable the International Organization for Migration to put in place a year-long support programme for the displaced and those sheltering them, the IOM said in a statement.

“With this donation, IOM in Somalia is now able to establish border health posts on the Somali-Kenyan and Somali-Ethiopian borders… to service these very vulnerable migrant populations,” said IOM Somalia chief Ali Abdi.

“The current positive trends in Somalia, both the political process and the security situation, must be seized upon now and make us prepare, together with the Government of Somalia, the appropriate and acceptable conditions for the long-term stabilisation of the country,” said Etienne de Poncins, the French ambassador to Kenya, where the deal was signed.

War-torn Somalia has not had an effective central government since the fall of President Mohamed Siad Barre in 1991. However, a new administration took office last year, ending eight years of transitional rule by a corruption-riddled government.

In recent months, a 17,000-strong African Union force, fighting alongside government troops and Ethiopian soldiers, have wrested a string of key towns from the country’s Islamist Shebab insurgents.

The number of displaced people in Somalia, a country of nine million people, is estimated at 1.5 million. A million refugees have also fled the country.

 

Source: vanguardngr.com

About Post Author

Anthony-Claret Ifeanyi Onwutalobi

Anthony-Claret is a software Engineer, entrepreneur and the founder of Codewit INC. Mr. Claret publishes and manages the content on Codewit Word News website and associated websites. He's a writer, IT Expert, great administrator, technology enthusiast, social media lover and all around digital guy.
Happy
0 0 %
Sad
0 0 %
Excited
0 0 %
Sleepy
0 0 %
Angry
0 0 %
Surprise
0 0 %

Adebayor will go to Africa Cup of Nations – Spurs

0 0
Read Time:1 Minute, 40 Second

Tottenham Hotspur on Wednesday confirmed that their striker Emmanuel Adebayor will join up with the Togo squad for the Africa Cup of Nations starting in South Africa next week.

“The Club can confirm that Emmanuel Adebayor has been called up by the Togo FA for the forthcoming African Cup of Nations,” read a statement on the Tottenham website.

“The striker will be available for this weekend’s fixture against Queens Park Rangers before travelling out to South Africa to meet up with his international team-mates ahead of the championships.”

Spurs coach Andre Villas-Boas had previously said he would be happy for Adebayor to play in the tournament, despite the fact it would leave him with only one senior striker in Jermain Defoe.

Adebayor, 28, had reportedly been planning to skip the tournament in a dispute over unpaid player bonuses and team security.

He was also thought to be anxious about competing in his first Africa Cup of Nations since the attack on the Togo team bus at the 2010 tournament in Angola in which three people were killed by separatists seeking independence for the oil-rich Cabinda enclave.

Adebayor survived the attack after hiding under a seat.

However, speaking on Monday, Togolese Football Federation president Gabriel Ameyi expressed confidence that the former Arsenal and Manchester City forward would answer his country’s call.

“Of course we are going to the Nations Cup with Adebayor. He will be with us in South Africa,” Ameyi told Algerian radio station Smail Berhaiel.

“It’s very important to have him with us — he’s our best player and the captain of our team. (Ivory Coast striker Didier) Drogba and all the stars will be there, and Adebayor too.”

Togo face a struggle to progress beyond the opening round of the January 19-February 10 tournament, having been drawn alongside Algeria, Tunisia and favourites Ivory Coast in Group D.

 

Source: vanguardngr.com

About Post Author

Anthony-Claret Ifeanyi Onwutalobi

Anthony-Claret is a software Engineer, entrepreneur and the founder of Codewit INC. Mr. Claret publishes and manages the content on Codewit Word News website and associated websites. He's a writer, IT Expert, great administrator, technology enthusiast, social media lover and all around digital guy.
Happy
0 0 %
Sad
0 0 %
Excited
0 0 %
Sleepy
0 0 %
Angry
0 0 %
Surprise
0 0 %