Four Nigerian teenage girls – Duro-Aina Adebola (14), Akindele Abiola (14), Faleke Oluwatoyin (14) and Bello Eniola (15) have created something really unbelievable
According to Maker Faire Africa, the girls invented a urine powered generator which was showcased at this year's Maker Faire Africa held in Lagos a few days back.
The system works like this:
1. Urine is put into an electrolytic cell, which separates out the hydrogen.
2. The hydrogen goes into a water filter for purification, which then gets pushed into the gas cylinder.
3. The gas cylinder pushes hydrogen into a cylinder of liquid borax, which is used to remove the moisture from the hydrogen gas.
4. This purified hydrogen gas is pushed into the generator.
5. One liter of urine gives you 6 hours of electricity.
Along the whole way there are one-way valves for security, but let’s be honest that this is something of an explosive device.
Well, I concur with you. It’s indeed a great work though. All they need now is people who will work together with them to advance this.