The danger and consequences of not containing Boko Haram and other violent groups might mean the beginning of balkanization of Nigeria. Imagine if a fanatical Christian group(s) or if OPC, MEND, MASSOB etc starts bombing mosques or starts violent agitation for Northerners to leave their area alongside what Boko Haram is doing. Action is equal to reaction, violence begets violence, and no group has monopoly of violence. Mr. President, all heads of security agencies, all stake holders etc should take a look at Sudan, Somalia, Lebanon, and former Yugoslavia. A lot can be learnt from the countries mentioned above in order to save Nigeria. However, it will not be a bad idea to commence restructuring of Nigeria peacefully.
The moment of truth has come. Either the President defeats Boko Haram or individuals/groups will defend themselves with any means necessary. No one will like to be killed. As it is, people/groups should henceforth be on their guard always and report any suspicious movements. High level of surveillance should be kept by all. Our leaders should better act now or forget about Nigeria, because bombing and general insecurity is out of control. My sympathy goes to all the innocent Nigerian that was killed today (25th December 2011). May their soul and other departed souls rest in peace. May God bless Nigeria.
Chinedu Vincent Akuta
An Activist and Citizens Journalist.
About the Author
More articles from this author
- Corruption Has Won The Battle Against Corruption.
- An Appeal to Leaders of Faith Organizations in Nigeria .
- Freedom is Expensive
- Similarities and Lessons from June 12 ( Nigeria ) and June 12 ( Iran ).
- Inconsistent Policies and High Rate of Abandoned Government Projects in Nigeria
- G8 Leaders Should Forget Africa.
- The Truth
- Patriotism and Patriotism only
- Ignorance Is A Disease
- Digital Cameras and Mobile Phones with Camera - Nigeria election should move one step up
- Nigeriaâ€™s Weekly Woes.
- Landmark Elections and the Winning Formula
- Authorities Have Indicted Authorities.
- Vacancies for Revolutionaries in Nigeria .
- Alcohol and Road Accidents in Nigeria
- Nigeriaâ€™s Date With China on October 1st.
- I.B.B should lead this struggle
- Nigeria Resources - Our Doubts and Fears
- Green Techniques
- My Christmas Present to President Yarâ€™Adua.
- George And Judgement
- Speed Limits.
- Exchange Programmes
- Health Checks
- Seasonal Greetings To Nigerians
- Flight 253 Jet Bomber
- Religious Crisis, Terrorism, and Our Security.
- Shadow Government.
- Letter to King Abdullah: Seeking Saudi Arabia's Intervention.
- Pastor Tunde Bakare -Join in the Protest to save Nigeria
- Jos: Slaughter Capital of Nigeria.
- Thailand: Protests Capital of Third World Countries.
- Undue Attention to General Ibrahim Babangida
- BBC 2 Documentary: Welcome To Lagos
- Loosing Security Aides.
- London G20 Summit minus Nigeria !
- Neither Checks nor Balances
- Atiku Abubakar and His Nigerian Leadership â€œProjectâ€.
- Overseas Medical Treatment by Government Officials
- Ekiti Crisis: An Insight to 2011 Elections.
- Reforming Police and Policing Reforms.
- Abolish Quota System or Quota System will Abolish Nigeria.
- Our Democracy: Our Gains and Our Pains after 10 Years
- An â€œOputa Panelâ€ for the Niger Delta Crisis.
- My Condolence and future recommendation to Nigeria
- Nigeria Political Parties - Can you model after your western counterpart
- June 12th : Resist any future attempts to manipulate elections in Nigeria
- Preserving Unity And Sustaining Democracy In A Multi Ethnic Nigeria
- Nuhu Ribadu for President -My view
- Nigeria's Seaside(s) can become a cash cow
- Nigeria: National Insecurity.
- BBC 2 Documentary: Law and Disorder in Lagos..
- SNG (UK) Event: Project 2011: Towards a New Nigeria on 6th November 2010
- Chief Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu Is Not Dead.
- Enough of Shedding Igbo Blood(s)